Use Condom Sense was created for Las Vegas teens because we want teens to have a voice in Las Vegas.
We’re always looking for young people, ages 13 – 19 to write articles and essays for the site. If you have a story, we’d love to see it. Your story can be on any topic, as long as it relates to your life as a teenager.
Before you send us your writing, here are some guidelines:
- Anything you send us becomes the property of Use Condom Sense and the Southern Nevada Health District. This means we might use your stories or essays on the Use Condom Sense website or somewhere else (like on Facebook, in a publication, etc.).
- Unless you ask to be anonymous, your name (first name, last initial) may be attached to anything you write for us.
- Once your story is on our website, we can’t control who sees it or reposts it. This means that others might link to it, tweet about it, post it on their Facebook pages or generally publicize your work.
- If we post your story, we might edit your words. We won’t change the meaning of your story, but we will clean up the grammar, fix misspellings and make sure it flows and makes sense.
- Not all stories sent to us will be posted.
- If we post your story, we want you to help us publicize it. Tell your friends, link to it on Facebook and tweet about it too. You’re a published author now – shout it out to the world! If you’re shy and would prefer not to tell anyone, that’s ok too.
- Stories should be between 500 – 750 words and must include a title.
- Your stories should be completely original.
- Include your name, email address, date of birth, home address and phone number with your story. We will email you if we publish your story.