The Use Condom Sense website is sponsored by the Southern Nevada Health District and is run by a team of local teens and health educators.
Our goal is to reduce the teen pregnancy rate in Las Vegas by providing teens with education and resources. We provide free education, free condoms and birth control for teens.
Teens can call the teen hotline, visit the clinic or website with any sexual health questions or concerns.
Teen Advocates for Pregnancy Prevention (TAPP) Youth Council
TAPP is a team of youth advocates that work to increase sexual health awareness among their peers to reduce teen pregnancy, STDs and HIV/AIDS.
Are you a teen parent that wants to educate youth about making responsible choices? Do you worry about the many teens that are getting STD’s or pregnant? Are you concerned youth don’t know where to access birth control? Do you want to promote abstinence and safer sex?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions and you meet the below requirements you can join the TAPP team!
- You are between the ages of 13-18
- You are from or live in one of these ZIP codes: 89030, 89101, 89102, 89106, 89109, 89115, 89119
- You are committed to serving one full term (12 months) on the council
- You can attend at least one meeting* per month
- You can plan and attend community outreach events*
- You can create community service projects
- You have an interest in teaching your community
- You are comfortable with talking about sexual health
*Members earn $20 incentives for attending meetings and events.
If you’re interested in joining the TAPP team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use Condom Sense Brand Ambassadors
Brand ambassadors are the teen voice for the Use Condom Sense campaign. Ambassadors spread the word about being safe when it comes to sex, while doing fun things like filming videos for YouTube or meeting cool celebrities that support our cause (like After Romeo and Joe Brooks).
If you’re interested in becoming a Brand Ambassador, email us at TPPP@snhdmail.org.